Fonts and Formatting in MS-Word
1. To left justify, center justify, right justify, and full justify text, select the appropriate icon from the ribbon at the top of the page:
2. To pick a font family for a selected portion of text, select the text by dragging the cursor and then pick the font you want by the pull-down font window:
3. To set the font size for a selected portion of text, use the font size window:
4. To set the style of selected text to bold, italics, or underline, use the icons:
For more complex formatting, including color, select Font under Format.
5. To insert a Table in your text, e.g., a 4 column X 3 row table, position your cursor where you want the table and select Insert Table under Table menu. Pick the number of rows and columns when the InsertTable window opens.
6. To design and insert a formula, select the Microsoft equation window under Object under the Insert menu.
7. To design and insert a drawing, open the drawing design window, , design the drawing, and then toggle the drawing button off.