Web Page Design
Laboratory Assignment # 8
1. Today we will develop an HTML FORM for on-line student enrollment and registration.
- The information which must be collected includes name, street address, city, state, and zip, SS #, Student ID, date of birth, phone number, who to inform in case of emergency, specific class information, and payment information.
- Specific class information should include: Call # (e.g., 30327), Class ID (e.g. CSci 0105), Title (e.g., Introduction to Computers, Section (e.g., 001), and Number of credits.
- Payment information should include: Method (Cash, check or credit card) and credit card type and number, if appropriate.
- Use INPUT Type "HIDDEN" to enter you SS #, Student ID, and Credit Card #.
- The logical format to enter multiple course registration is tabular form, with a capability for at least five courses.
- Include a SUBMIT button for mailing the form to your e-mail account.
- Include a RESET button to clear the form in case of major errors.
2.1 Using TimeTable your instructor will provide, complete the registration form you designed in Exercise 1 for a full course load for the Fall 2000 semester and submit it to your e-mail account.
2.2 Print out the completed form just prior to submission, and print out the resulting e-mail message you receive.
2.4 Evaluate your experience of ordering the book. Was the search fast and effective? Was the form clear, concise, and effective? Was the overall experience pleasant? Did you save money?
Updated March 4, 2001