Web Page Design
Laboratory Assignment # 6
The purpose of this exercise is to build your personal WWW page and post it to a server. Create your own design, but if you need ideas, survey the UWP faculty home pages for a prototype. Include your JPG picture which is available on the Shared Folder in the ClassImages.CS220 folder.
1.1 In the <BODY...> tag assign both a COLOR and BACKGROUND image to tile your page.
1.2 Use a 1-row, 2-column table for your picture and name.
1.3 Include a brief biographical sketch so that your friends and classmates can get to know you better.
- City in which you were born
- Schools attended and highest degree to date
- Planned major
- Work history if applicable
1.4 Organize your project as a folder labled HomeWork6.www and give your page the name Index.html. Place your page and picture in HomeWork6.www.
The purpose of this exercise is to expand your WWW Page to include links, and to post your Page to UWP's Internet server.
2.1 Add links to the pages you created for Laboratory Assignments # 3, 4, & 5 and build in links to forthcoming assignments 7 - 10. Organize these in folders labeled Homework3.www, etc.
2.2 Create "dummy" pages for Assignment 6-10 which report "Under Construction" when they are clicked on.
2.3 Upload your personal WWW page as well as Assignments 3, 4 and 5 to your UWP E-mail account. The instructors will demonstrate the technique for doing this with Adobe GoLive.
- Go to "FTP Upload and Download" under File in GoLive
- Assign Server --> www.uwp.edu
- Assign Directory --> /academic/computer.science/CS220.Projects
- Assign Username --> cs220project
- Assign Password --> web.site
- Open the folder with your name
- Drag Homework3.www, ... Homework10.www to your folder.
Updated February 18, 2001